Company name: VINCON VRANCEA S.A.
Addresses: 11 Winecellars for winemaking,conditioning and bottling & ‘Beciul Domnesc’ Vinoteque wine cellar
12, Avantului St., Focsani, Vrancea County
1E, Valsanesti Street, 3rd District, Bucharest
Founded: 1949, privatised in 1999
Region: Vrancea County
AOC: Cotesti, Odobesti, Panciu, Husi
Area: More than 1500 Ha
Annually bottled: N/A
Owner: Joint stock company with fully private romanian capital
Wine experts: A team of more than 10 oenologists, led by Nicu Mateescu, Production Director
- Wines: Muscatel, PREMIAT, VIN BUN (bag-in-box), Ciocarlia, Doi Cocosi, Proles Pontica, Galbena de Odobesti, Karpaten Berge, Sigillum Moldaviae, Beciul Domnesc, Rosé Verité, Beciul Domnesc Grand Reserve, Egregio, Rose Far Niente, Oenoteca, Comoara Pivnitei, Mirabilis Machina, Vinoteca
- Vinars/Brandy: Miorita, Jad
- Spirits: Vrancea Extra, Triumpf
- White: Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Feteasca Alba, Feteasca Regala, Tamaioasa Romaneasca, Pinot Gris, Riesling de Rhin, Riesling Italian, Muscat Ottonel, Galbena de Odobesti
- Rose: Busuioaca de Bohotin
- Black: Feteasca Neagra, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Merlot.
Established in 1949, VINCON Romania is one of the biggest wine producers in Romania.
The company owns more than 1,500 hectares of vine plantations, cultivated mostly with noble vines, spread in notorious vineyards: Cotesti, Odobesti, Panciu and Husi. Vincon’s most famous wine cellar is the Beciul Domnesc one, the Vinoteque cellar. Beciul Domnesc was built in the 15th century, and today is a historical monument, included in the cultural heritage of Romania. Here, over 100,000 wine bottles, are kept for ageing, the oldest wine is from 1949 vintage year. This collection is enriched in every year with the most promissing wines.
VINCON Romania portfolio includes over 100 products in categories wine, brandy and spirits. Among the wine brands from our company portfolio we must mention: Mirabilis Machina, Ambrosio, Rosa Far Niente, Vinoteca, Comoara Pivnitei, Oenoteca, Egregio, Rosé Verité, Beciul Domnesc, Beciul Domnesc Grand Reserve, Sigillum Moldaviae and others, while for the vinars portfolio, Miorita and Jad are the key brands. Since 1996, VINCON Romania has won over 400 medals at national and international competitions, including 28 gold and silver in 2017.